My fiance and I purchased an old abandoned duplex in the downtown area where we lived. Our intention was to fix it up and turn it into a home for local teenage parents who had no place else to go. This had always been a vision of my fiance since he was actually a teenage parent and he personally has felt the hardship of being a homeless young parent. The first thing both of us did was have the both apartments professionally cleaned and after that I hired an Heating, Ventilation, and A/C business to come out to the apartments to inspect it for any problems. I expected there to be some issues as the heating units just because they had been turned on in several years. However I was very surprised at what the Heating, Ventilation, and A/C serviceman found when he opened up one of our furnaces. The serviceman found that all of the wires inside the unit had been chewed completely through. There wasn’t a single wire that was still intact. He said he had never seen anything like it in his whole 25 years of working in the Heating, Ventilation, and A/C industry. As he was examining our system further he discovered a very dead mouse in the back corner of the furnace. I was completely grossed out by the whole thing, not to mention very worried that there were mice in the house. I made a mental note call an exterminator next! The serviceman noted that next to the dead mouse was a partially chewed wire. It appears that the mouse’s last meal of tasty Heating, Ventilation, and A/C wires easily lit up his life! It’s a bad day when your last meal decided to electrocute you!